You have been asked to write a case study on a company of your choice. The case study must include the followings:
- Abstract: As part of your abstract, tell your short and sweet story in maximum 200 words – remember less is more but clarity is the key (10%).
- Title and Introduction: A catchy title (e.g. innovation sparks movie magic in case of a case study written on Pixar) and brief introduction of the company and its business (10%).
- Strategic Vocabularies: A critical analysis of how the mission, vision, values and slogan (if any) of the company contribute towards promoting a culture that leverages innovation (10%).
- Culture Driven Innovation: Explain the culture of the company in a compelling way and find its link to innovation (10%).
- NPD Process: Explain innovation /product development process of the company (10%).
- Innovation Strategy: Explain company’s innovation strategy/ rules of innovation (10%).
- Attitude to Risk-taking: Explain company’s risk taking attitude and to what extent it facilitates to innovation (10%).
- Recommendations: Showing your analytical, cognitive, creative and research skills make recommendations for the company as to how a more innovative culture can be developed – (10%).
- Reflection: How you were challenged while completing this coursework and what you learnt; what went well, what went wrong and what will you do in retrospect (10%).
- References: Evidence of secondary research supported by citations within the paper and by the list of references at the end of the paper (10%).
There is no set layout. You have the freedom to design the case study that will be used by the company as a marketing material. Be creative.
Refer to your material provided in your skills modules to make sure that you have conformed to academic conventions. Pay particular attention to:
- Your introduction
- Your conclusion
- The use of headings and/or signpost words
- Paragraph structure