Step One: Using your text and performing a library search, locate information about an IRB. Answer the following questions:
- What is an IRB- INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD
- What is the role of an IRB?
- What items are submitted to an IRB for review?
- What are the different types of IRB reviews?
- What are some of the documentation and resources available from an IRB?
- Why is the IRB important to epidemiology?
- Why is the IRB important to health information management?
- What are the research protocol required by the IRB?
- What are the data management requirements by the IRB?
- Identify IRB policies and procedures
Step Two: Create a checklist of at least 30 action items to be followed to adhere to the IRB requirements when submitting an application. Be sure to address research protocols, data management, and policies and procedures.