Pre-Class Assignment 2A/2B
Read through sections 2A and 2B in your book and answer the following questions.
- a) unit –
- b) unit analysis –
- Why do you think we need units when keeping track of real-life numbers?
- What does the word ‘per’ imply in mathematical problems?
- What does the word ‘of’ imply in mathematical problems?
- Give one example from the US customary system and the international metric system for the measurements in the following chart.
|MEASURE||US CUSTOMARY SYSTEM||INTERNATIONAL METRIC SYSTEM|
- List 2 units/rates that you personally come across in every day life (ie. dollars per pound)
- Do you think that population density is an important part of making the decision about where you want to live? Why or why not?