- Value-chain analysis is used to identify activities that represent, or can develop into, the core competencies of a business. Who introduced this concept?
e. None of the above.
- Standardization is an appropriate strategy in which stage of the product life cycle?
a. retirement b. introduction c. maturity
- Caterpillar and Texas Instruments are two firms that have benefited from the use of _________________.
a. the transnational strategy option
b. the global strategy option
c. the maquiladora system in Europe
d. the multinational corporation strategy e. the multidomestic strategy option
- A project organization ________________.
a. is effective for companies with multiple large projects
b. is appropriate only in construction firms
c. often fails when the project cuts across organizational lines
d. is formed to ensure that programs (projects) get proper management and attention e. a and d are both true
- A simple CPM network has five activities—A, B, C, D and E. A is an immediate predecessor of C and of D. B is also an immediate predecessor of C and of D. C and D are both immediate predecessors of E. Which of the following is true?
a. There are twenty-five paths through this network. b. There are two paths in this network.
c. There are five paths in this network.
d. There are four paths in this network.
e. None of these statements is true.
Unit 1 Examination
BAM 421 Operations Management