The purpose of this assignment is to introduce students to the basic concepts in statistics and understand the terminology before the start of the class.
Resources: Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics, Ch. 1.
Refer to Ch. 1 of Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics and address the following in 1,050 words:
- Describe the role and purpose of statistics.
- Explain the primary types of statistics.
- Contrast a population and a sample.
- Compare the difference between a qualitative and quantitative variable. Provide one example of each.
- Describe the four different levels of measurements. Give one example of each.