Basic ANOVA Study
During this week you will identify a research question created in Week 1 that would utilize one of the following: one-way ANOVA or repeated measures ANOVA. This discussion will help you work towards your “Week 4 Assignment 1”. If there are no research questions that fit any of these types of statistical analyses, you will need to decide on a new question before moving forward with the assignment.
Discussion Assignment Requirements
Initial Posting – In your initial posting for this assignment, include the following:
- Identify an appropriate research question that would require the use of a one-way or repeated measures ANOVA to answer. Pick the question from the list created in Week 1 or identify a new question if there are no appropriate ones from Week 1.
- Describe why this question is appropriate for the selected statistical test.
- Identify the variables in this study and each of their attributes: discrete or continuous, quantitative or categorical, scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio), and independent or dependent.
- Do the variables fit the qualifications for the selected statistical test? Explain.
- List the statistical notation and written explanation for the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Describe the types of errors that could occur.
MY—-Research Questions—FROM WEEK-1
1. How does the employees’ motivation affect the organization Productivity?
In this research, there are two main variables that are an independent variable which in this case are the motivational factors for employees which include favorable working environment, compensation strategy, business culture, and the management strategy. The dependent variable in this study is the organization productivity. The best effective scale for measuring these variables is an ordinal scale basically because some variables have more impacts than the others.
2. What are the factors that affect the patient’s reaction to treatment?
The variables in these case include the type of medication, the lifestyle of the patient and the degree of the effect of the health condition has affected the patient. These variables have a different effect on the patient’s reaction to treatment, the variables are categorical in nature. In this case, the most effective measurement scale is the ordinal scale as well (Celli, Decramer, Wedzicha, Wilson, Agustí, Criner & Vogelmeier, 2015).
3. Does the increase in gun ownership affect the crime level in the society?
This question has several variables that increase in criminal-related deaths, criminal activities, assault cases. A rational scale level of measurement can be used in this research because of the nature of these variables. The variables depict some categorical characteristics they have different degrees of impact on the dependent variable in the question.
4. How does the school environment affect the student performance?
The security level in the school, the type of rules and the consequences of going against the rules and the level of strictness of the teacher in the school are the main variables in the research question. The rules and regulations are can be grouped into some category as well as the level of strictness of the teachers another subordinate staff, in this case, the best scale of measurement to be used is the ordinal scale. The variables also have some categorical characteristics they are not numerical.
5. What is the probability that randomly selected teenager watches movie over three times in a week?
The possibility or the variables, in this case, is that the student watches three times, less, or even more in a week. In this case, the main scales of measurement will be internal level, this is basically because they can be quantified but the decimal or rather the zero point is not relevant to the study or rather is meaningless (Pratt, 2015).
6. Is there any relationship between the traffic congestion and the price of fuel?
The research questions in this have only one variable of interest which is the fuel prices which may or may not affect the traffic congestion. This is a question that is meant towards finding the if there is a relationship between the variables in the study. The level of measurement, in this case, is, therefore, an ordinal scale. The data, in this case, may have some continuous characteristics.
7. Is there any relationship between gender and student performance in statistics and science subjects?
The variables, in this case, will be the average performance of the students in the subjects of focus, they will be categorized according to their gender. These variables can actually be measured using the ratio level of measurements by some mathematical operations. In this case, an average will be calculated of both genders performance on the subjects being studied. The data in this study will depict some continuous characteristics.