· The project should include biographical information on the president. Please address if the president’s background influenced the scandals tied to him.
· The project should include a brief overview of important events, legislation, or changes tied to the president’s administration.
· The project should include a detailed account of a minimum of two scandals that occurred with this president. The scandals must be both personal and professional. The scandals must be clearly explained. The scandal details should include the pertinent dates, people involved, location, where, and why events occurred.
· Please discuss how events were concluded and the costs. Was anyone prosecuted, did the president leave office, and what effect did the scandal have on the country, if any? Discuss if the public was aware of the scandal, was there press coverage, did the president’s approval ratings decline, and if there was a loss in national confidence in the president.
· With the Nixon, Clinton, and George W. Bush topics, the students addressing those three presidents must focus on additional scandals and add new facts that the videos didn’t cover. The videos provide a sufficient number of facts to the class already. So, each of the students covering those presidents must add new facts beyond what their peers have already saw in the videos.
Lastly, the student must create a final works cited page to be included at the end of the presentation. Students should use a minimum of 4 sources.
1. Works cited-Students can use MLA or Chicago Style.
2. Wikipedia, textbooks, Boundless textbooks, Sparknotes, Study.com, or encyclopedias cannot be used as sources- Use of any of these types of sources will result in a FAILING GRADE on the assignment. Students may use books, journals, and websites. Websites and web pages such as the Miller Center, PBS American Presidents, the History Channel, and the White House presidential biographies are highly recommended sources. Do not use gossip websites, Radar online, EOnline and questionable sites that lack academic contributors. Legitimate sites end with .org or .edu.
Research Presentation Requirements guide
Each research presentation must include the following:
· Research of president’s background
1. Research of Scandal(s)
2. Creation of Visual Outline (Normally a PowerPoint or Prezi)-Not a paper
3. Works cited page