Visit the global conflict map at https://www.cfr.org/interactives/global-conflict-tracker#!/global-conflict-tracker (Links to an external site.) Research some of the conflicts that are currently going on in the world. Of these conflicts, which one do you believe is most important to American interests? In your discussion, address the following prompts:
- Identify your selected conflict and explain why you selected the conflict.
- Research the United States’ current foreign policy on this conflict and summarize it in your post.
- If the US does not have clear policy on the conflict, discuss why this might be the case.
- Evaluate the current policy.
- Do you agree with it or not? Explain why…
- Assess how you think the United States should respond to this conflict in the future.
- What type of tools should be used (hard vs soft power, carrots vs sticks)?
- Create one discussion and respond to at least two classmates’ posts.