For this assignment, you will prepare and write a delivery outline for a persuasive or informational speech.
- Engage in the first six steps of preparing a speech, including selecting a topic, analyzing your audience, researching your topic, collecting supporting materials, developing main points, and organizing your speech materials.
- Practice the final four steps of preparing a speech, including wording a speech, constructing a delivery outline, and rehearsing a speech.
- Review the steps for preparing and delivering an effective speech that you explored in the textbook and in the learning activities.
- Prepare a four to six page persuasive or informational essay on a topic of your choice.
- Use the following checklist to ensure that your speech is effective:
- Choose a topic that is relevant and interesting to your audience, with a clear purpose.
- Ensure that you adequately research your topic.
- Include an introduction that gains attention and orients the audience.
- Be sure that your speech is clear, vivid, appropriate, well-organized, and powerful.
- Be sure that each main point is supported adequately.
- Create a speech with personal style by asking direct questions and creating immediacy.
- Be sure that your conclusion summarizes your thesis and provides closure.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all speeches must be cited using current APA format.
- When you have completed the assignment, select the “Submit Assignment” button at the top of these instructions and choose a format for submitting your assignment.