Conceptual Homework 2A/B
You must show work to receive credit.
- Bill gates makes approximately $12 billion a year. On average, how much does he make per minute?
- Imagine that you are driving your car in Canada. As you are driving along, you notice that the speed limit signs have numbers like 120 (on the highway) and 50 (in the city). As you start to speed up, you realize that the signs are in km/hour. Unfortunately, your speedometer only reads in mi/hour. Figure out how fast you are allowed to go if the sign says 120 km/hr.
- The average college dorm room measures 12 feet by 19 feet.
- Convert the measurements to inches.
- Convert the measurements to centimeters.
- Find the area of the room in square feet.
- Find the area of the room in square yards.
- Based on the ad below, how much would it cost the University to tile a dorm room?